Cowboy Capital Scholarship Shootout
Along with producing a first class professional rodeo, the mission of the CCPRA – a non-profit foundation – is to encourage the younger generation to further their education as they enjoy and appreciate the western way of life. In 2015, proceeds from the rodeo allowed the committee to give out over $10,000 in scholarship funds to deserving high school students. In a one of a kind event only found in Stephenville, the future stars of pro rodeo are invited to showcase their talents in a match, head to head formatted rodeo with $1,000 scholarships up for grabs. The Texas High School Rodeo Association Champion in each event from Region 3 and Region 10 (which both overlap the Stephenville area) have earned a spot in the 2016 2nd annual Cowboy Capital Scholarship Shootout.
Rodeo fans will have the opportunity to cheer on these high school rodeo champions on Sunday, September 25 during the last performance of the PRCA rodeo. Right before each of the PRCA events, the Scholarship Shootout students will compete, with the winner of the match walking away a $1,000 scholarship!
2016 THSRA Region 3 Qualifiers
- Bareback Riding – Bailey Barrett, Ranger
- Steer Wrestling – Chase Wilson, Decatur
- Team Roping Heading – Ty Harris, San Angelo
- Team Roping Heeling – Paden Bray, Granbury
- Saddle Bronc Riding – Logan Decker, Burleson
- Tie Down Roping – Hagen Houck, Byers
- Barrel Racing – Kylee Scribner, Azle
- Bull Riding – Colton Kelly, Rhome
2016 THSRA Region 10 Qualifiers
- Bareback Riding – Leighton Berry, Weatherford
- Steer Wrestling – Tanner Fleet, Axtell
- Team Roping Heading – Jarett Freeman, Tolar
- Team Roping Heeling – Andrew Hill, Paris
- Saddle Bronc Riding – Parker Fleet, Axtell
- Tie Down Roping – Chantz Webster, Mineral Wells
- Barrel Racing – Kambria McDougal, Weatherford
- Bull Riding – Daniel Keeping, Gorman
2016 Cowboy Capital Scholarship Shootout Supporters
Busby Quarter Horses – Jeff & Andrea Busby
UBBI ~ Randy Schmutz Family
Jeff Sewalt Ironman Invitational Scholarships
The CCPRA also awards scholarships on the collegiate level. The award winning Tarleton State University Rodeo Team is the very deserving recipient of two $2,000 scholarships every year. The proceeds from the Jeff Sewalt Ironman Invitational, held during Rodeo Heritage Week, support this area of our scholarship program. Potential applicants must be a member of the TSU Rodeo Team, fill out application, write essay, and complete personal interviews.
2016 Sewalt Scholarship Recipients
- Skylar McQuire
- Jacob Howell
If you or your business wish to support the future of professional rodeo by helping them obtain a college education, please support the CCPRA’s efforts in our scholarship programs. We would GREATLY appreciate it! Our goal is to award more money to more student rodeo athletes! All donations are tax deductible. Checks payable to CCPRA and can be mailed to PO Box 55 – Stephenville, Tx – 76401.
Charles Tuner (254)977-2444 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Martha Wright (254)968-3661 or email@example.com